Beginning Boutique is a fun and innovative place to work. We are a super hard working team that is growing exponentially. BB gives employees the opportunity to have a varied and exciting place to work while still being professional and experts in our field. Before you apply make sure you know that this is what you want to do and where you want to be. Beginning Boutique is looking for some amazing people to join the team. Please find the available job listings below.
We are currently seeking an upcoming, talented Fashion Designer who is AMAZING at predicting trends and wants to work in a fun, fast paced environment. This is a rare opportunity to play a key role in growing our Exclusive brands!
Your role will be to work collaboratively with key stakeholders to design and develop products that are commercial and representative of key trends to drive sales and profitability.
The role is based in Newstead and will initially be on a contract basis with the view to becoming permanent, if successful.Key responsibilities:
- Trend research
- Story board and mood conception in collaboration with Buyer
- Sketching/ illustrating approved styles
- Developing initial specs
- Comply to regulations that all designs are original and do not breach IP and copyright requirements
- Maintaining an up to date style reference library
- Liaise with Production Coordinator for required sample fabric and trims
- Engage in fit sessions and document all comments for changes
- Manage the process of final samples & specifications
- Amend illustrations when necessary
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Ability to interpret trends and design a product 6 months out that has commercial value
- Creative flair and a keen interest in fashion
- Intermediate Adobe skills
- Previous experience designing for the USA and international market advantageous
- Bachelors or Certificate in Fashion Design
- Must have strong Adobe Creative Suite knowledge
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Cover Letter, Resume and Design Portfolio to apply!
Want to up your skills in buying and product knowledge? We need someone to assist with uploading, steaming, organising and describing our products! You will get to work with our team to help get our product on site. This position needs to run through a university and is 90 hour unpaid internship that ends with the course requirement or needs to be undertaken by the student as experience learning with the same hours. We require 1 day a week and are looking for 2 interns this semester.
We need you to come with:
- Mac proficiency
- Some photography skills - very basic
- Great time management skills
- A willingness to learn
- A willingness to do everything
- excel spreadsheet ability - basic sums and organisation
Apply via email@example.com with your skills and proof of the above :) CV and cover letter please. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted. We look forward to hearing from you!
Want to get some real world experience with e-commerce? We are looking for an unpaid 12 week, 1 day a week intern to join the creative team. This role will give you insight into how we take the images for the website and prepare them.
Each week you will:
- shoot accessories in a studio set up
- retouch images
- prepare images for an e-commerce website
- quality controlling stock from shoot / accessories
- studio maintenance
- the ability to use a camera on manual settings
- basic to medium photoshop skills
- desire to learn
- postive attitude!